Description Hide Description- Show Description+
Packaged: 6.5" x 2.4" x 1.5"
Open Length: 37.5"
The Gen 7 Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T®) by North American Rescue® features a stronger windlass rod and single routing buckle for fast one-handed application to quickly control life-threatening extremity bleeding. The C-A-T is available alone or may be purchased with a protective Universal Tourniquet Pouch (TMK-UTQ) to keep it on-person for quick access.
The C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The C-A-T utilizes a durable windlass system with a free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook-and-loop strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips, which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
Gen 7 Enhancements:
- Single routing buckle for faster application, effective slack removal, decreased blood loss, and fewer windlass turns
- Stronger windlass rod with an increased diameter and improved grip
- Reinforced windlass clip and highly visible security tab includes a writable area to record the time of application
- Stabilization plate to minimize pinching
- Red Tip Technology™ with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application
- Free-moving internal band provides true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
- Official tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective